Another holiday weekend is just around the corner! As summer cruises along, everyone at the Lake of the Ozarks is looking forward to celebrating what is almost always the biggest weekend at the Lake: Independence Day! As both tourists and locals prepare for a high-energy holiday weekend, the team at McDuffey Law Firm is here to help you get revved up for the weekend with these fun facts about Independence Day.
FUN FACTS ABOUT INDEPENDENCE DAY
1. Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing the majority of the Declaration of Independence.
2. The 4th Of July was not declared a national holiday until 1870.
3. The 4th Of July was not an official paid holiday until 1938.
4. Fifty-six men signed the Declaration of Independence.
5. Only two men who signed the Declaration went on to become U.S. Presidents (John Adams and Thomas Jefferson).
6. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4th, 1826.
7. At age 27, Thomas Lynch was the youngest person to sign the Declaration.
8. At age 70, Benjamin Franklin was the oldest person to sign the Declaration.
9. Calvin Coolidge (30th President of the United States) was born on Independence Day.
10. The Declaration of Independence was actually written on July 2nd.
11. The Declaration of Independence originated as a letter to King George.
12. Only two men (John Hancock and Charles Thompson) signed the Declaration on July 4th, 1776. The others did not sign it until August 2nd.
13. On average, Americans consume about 155 million hot dogs on the 4th of July.
Happy 4th Of July!
Keep these tidbits in your back pocket - you never know when they may come in handy during your holiday celebrations! Remember that if the worst should happen and you or a loved one should be injured during your holiday celebrations, our experienced personal injury attorney at the Lake of the Ozarks will be here for you.
McDuffey Law Firm, LLC
Ph. (573) 302-7211
Fax. (573) 302-7215
5754 Parkside Village Ct.,
P.O. Box 368
Osage Beach, Mo 65065
Find us On Google Maps
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with Tim on LinkedIn
Add us on Google+