Christmas is a time to celebrate all of the blessings in your life. It's a time to reconnect with family and friends after another busy year - a time to relax before charging into the year ahead. McDuffey Law Firm is here to help you prepare for your family gatherings this weekend by providing you with a few fun talking points. With these fun Christmas trivia facts up your sleeve, your friends and family are sure to be amazed and delighted!
Christmas Trivia Facts
1. The abbreviation "X-Mas" originated from the Greek's method of shortening the word "Christ" to "X."
2. The first artificial Christmas tree was made from dyed goose feathers.
3. If you received all the gifts described in the song "Twelve Days of Christmas," you would get 364 gifts.
4. The tallest Christmas tree on record measured 221 feet tall.
5. Purchases made for Christmas make up about 1/6 of all retail sales in the United States.
6. Georgia, Indiana, and Arizona all have towns named Santa Claus. Idaho has a town named Santa.
7. The twelve days of Christmas originated because it apparently took the three wise men 12 days to find the baby Jesus.
8. In 1836, Alabama became the first state to officially recognize Christmas as a holiday.
9. Oklahoma was the last state to declare Christmas as an official holiday. They waited all the way to 1907.
10. Poinsettias originated in Mexico.
11. The largest Christmas stocking in the world was 106 feet, 9 inches long and 49 feet, 1 inch wide.
12. Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, St. Nicholas, and Grandfather Frost are all alternative names for Santa Claus.
13. Christmas trees were first decorated with electric lights in 1895.
14. With over 100 million sales across the globe, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" is believed to be the best-selling single of all time.
15. Every year in the U.S., around 30-35 million real (that is, living) Christmas trees are sold.
16. Apples, nuts, and dates were used as the very first Christmas decorations.
17. There are two islands named "Christmas." One is in the Indian Ocean, and the other is in the Pacific Ocean.
Merry Christmas From McDuffey Law Firm!
From our Lake of the Ozarks personal injury lawyer to the rest of our team, everyone at McDuffey Law Firm wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Please be careful and stay safe while you are on the roads this year. If the worst should happen and you should find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney in Osage Beach, MO, we hope you'll keep McDuffey Law Firm in mind.
McDuffey Law Firm, LLC
Ph. (573) 302-7211
Fax. (573) 302-7215
5754 Parkside Village Ct.,
P.O. Box 368
Osage Beach, Mo 65065
Find us On Google Maps
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with Tim on LinkedIn
Add us on Google+